Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Studio sale and other sales

I have had a wonderful success with my end of year studio sale...have sold 20 pieces of work! There is nothing quite like the feeling of exchanging my work for dollars! People can say how much they love it etc..but when they actually give me the heads up by buying it that's when I know for sure that it is indeed loved...
Even though I am overjoyed at the success (as i had previously to this only sold a handful of drawings this year)  I still take casual flippant remarks about the work or the price to heart. Does any one else suffer from this affliction?

Anyway...on a more interesting note I am suddenly selling items on Red Bubble...cards, prints,
travel mugs, cushions and iphone cases
This exact item has sold 7 times across the globe
I have 1,902 images on RB (I know...way too many) so I am thinking maybe this is on another blog or somewhere. I find it quite remarkable.
BTW The image above is made by painting gold acrylic paint on a paint swatch from Bunnings.

This is the latest work bought. It is going to Katoomba. It is called 'Two Horses in a DreamScape' it is made of glue stick glue and pigment on tea stained Arches paper 300gsm A4 size.
Thanks for reading and

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Donna! Wonderful to hear your studio sale was a success, and nothing like the feeling of people wanting to buy your work and live with it.
    As for the flippant remarks, I think I got a tough skin a few years ago now. I think sometimes it's ignorance, not intended to offend, a cliché, the only thing someone could think of to say, because some people have no idea what to say about art or an artist working. Sometimes I see it as an opportunity to encourage discussion, encourage more understanding. Anyway, good luck with...in my experience it never ends!
    1902 images! Holy cow :-)
    Have a wonderful festive season.
    Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woW what a lovely surprise Nicola..i was sure no one was reading these :) Thanks so much for that great advice! i just visited a site (Marguerite put the link on FB) of Art House Reproductions and they have given me similar advice and that is why i visited this blog to edit it in...lol!

      Delete